1/4 scale Super Cub, My latest creation

I have just test flown my 1/4 scale Super Cub.I built her from an old plan which dates back to the early eighties (I think). She ways 7kg and has Futaba 2.4 gig radio and 3010 servos all round.

Take off was slightly hairy as I let off the up elevator to soon and it went crop dusting for a few yards but I got away with it! Flew around very well with just three clicks of up elevator trim required. Then on landing I clipped the long grass on the approach and sheared the tail wheel pivot bolt (now repaired with silver solder).

This is my first foray into petrol power. I fitted a Jen 26cc Petrol (lovely engine and great service from Just Engines). Once primed she starts on the first flick every time!

G-ARVO was one of the earlier smaller engined Super Cubs without flaps. The under carriage is fully functional, I built it on the lathe / mill and silver soldered it together. The tanks in the wings are from litho plate and the cowl is skinned with litho plate.The cockpit is fully detailed.

Here are some pics of her pre flight.

Regards

Clive

Edited By Clive Moore on 18/06/2009 10:30:18

Advert

• 1 year later...