Good stuff

Tim Mackey

That looks like a pretty nice model actually, and good VFM really. Not sure how much is actually included in the kit ( hardware etc? ) but does seem to fill a gap for the traditional builder who wants a smart, wooden, electric model to chuck and go.
Well done to John, and hope he does well with it.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 28/06/2009 09:25:11

Advert

Reminds me of the Hush Pup - my first electric model in 1997. A trad build kit, I can't believe I didn't know what I didn't know about electric flight back then -  7-cell NiCD, Westbury ESC (remember them?) and Tamiya connectors! Still it flew quite well for the time.

Anyone else have one of these?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 28/06/2009 21:27:55

Many thanks David, I used to use Tamiya connectors until I discovered they gave unreliable connections (not good when your reciever is powered off the main battery as well! ), use gold plated 4mm "banana" type now, much better.

My first electric model (many years ago) had a direct drive graupner speed 400 in it. Amazing how much the technology has progressed, especially regarding power to weight.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Following a few queries from our customers we have now added a General Information section to our website. This gives details of recomended motors and batteries etc. for the Sparrowhawk. If anyone has a specific motor or battery combination they have in mind we will of course be happy to advise on it's suitability. Details of the standard setup are also included in the kits.

Thanks,
John Newton

Skies the Limit Designs

Edited By JohnN on 07/07/2009 19:54:53

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...