Charging Tx Battery

Hi Guys,  Does anyone know what size/rating polyswitch  Futaba fit to their transmitters to enable charging via the socket.  I've already  aproached Ripmax as to can they do the work and the cost but no luck as yet.  My 6ex 2.4ghz transmitter is already out of warranty and polyswitches are readily available but before getting out the soldering iron I'd like to know what rating they fit.  I think these are fitted as standard on the 9c/9z transmitters.  Any advice would be appreciated  because I'd like to fit a larger capacity battery and charge it without having to unplug from the circuit board.  Any ideas Timbo if you're there.

Advert

Lee
What is a poly switch exactly ?
Is it what we used to call double pole two position  with three pairs of connectors on the back the middle pair being the common ?
If so I would think a 240V One amp job (which is a popular rating -or was  years ago) would be more than adequate  ie 250 watts max
Polyeverything should know but don't get his back up 
G-umpy

G-umpy
A polyswitch sometimes known as a polyfuse is a self resetting fuse, on my 6ex futaba fit a diode in the charginging circuit as protection but this also stops you useing a charger such as my pro peak prodogy.  ie you can't charge or cycle your battery via the charging socket.   The mains charger that comes with the set  with its 70ma output is no good for a higher capacity battery.  I know some people in the states strap out the diode with fuse wire, not an ideal situation.  The annoying thing is these are fitted to some of the higher spec Transmitters.  I've also fired off an email to Radio South in the states because there was a thread on the net suggesting they do an after fit.  if you put polyswitch in ebay they are readily available in the uk,  see link

Lee

Hi Guys
Latest update, still no reply from Ripmax after being informed my request would be sent on to the service dept (11/06/2009).  After a bit more digging  around on the net I found that people were fitting 1.1amp hold 2.2 amp trip polyswitches.  Anyway I ordered a pack of  ten from ebay,  £4.88p  type  MF-R110 and fitted one today across D1 next to the charging socket after unplugging the battery from the board.  I plugged the battery back in but left  it outside the transmitter  for testing  with  the back off just in case things did get hot in there.   Plugged in my pro peak prodogy charger set it to 300ma (still got original 700ma Nicad in here) to give it a whirl.   Perfect no problems, not yet anyway.
Note to anyone else who does this,  it will invalidate your warranty, do not charge at more than 1amp through the charging socket and personally I'd leave the battery cover off while charging and I certainley don't leave the house while somethings on charge.  It will be interesting to see what Ripmax quote for the job if I ever get a reply.

Lee