gws 109

Merlin spit

brought this for £25 ,didnt expect much ,was a bit slap dash putting it together fitted out with what i had and brought a £8 motor .

well i flew it today in a 10mph wind and it was great fun

for the outlay this has to be great value ,i ve got my eye open for a corsair now.

please excuse my custom scheme ,it stands out from the crowd

Advert

Mine on the grass. I think it's a reasonably accurate kit. Haven't checked it out against a 3 view but to my eye unmistakably a 109. Think the missing  'to be fitted' spinner on austen's post doesn't help.

I like the 190 above. Mine is a bit worse for the wear now.

• 1 year later...
I've just flown my 109, bought as an SG kit. The spinner GWS supply in the kit is a foam one and the idea is that you hollow it out to fit one of their small rubber push-on spinners. I tried this but when I ran the motor the spinner vibrated horribly and flew off across the room! What I did then was re-use an old spinner from a GWS P51, only the front bit, with cutouts for the prop blades. This worked ok and is about the same size as the foam one. Is this because I bought an SG kit? If so, the foam spinner is not intended to be fitted to a motor and spun at high rpm. Another thing, I use UHU POR to stick the model together and use it to stick velcro onto the foam, just smear on some POR let dry and sticky backed tape etc sticks really well. Anyone want an unused tube of GWS glue?