Wings and Wheels

Anybody else make it to Wings and Wheels?

I dragged the missus along on Saturday for a few hours (one of which was spent negotiating the traffic for the Saturday Market)....

Thumbs up to the organisers - loads of clean toilets, and not too far to walk to take in all the stalls. Nice to be able to sit so close to the action as well.

Lots of excellent flying, particularly the grass-clipping 17' wellington, Rummer brothers, aerobatic jet turbine (v impresive corkscrews!), and what about the Overlander Voodoo! I've never seen anything that small fly that quickly. Come to think of it, I haven't seen anything fly that quickly ever. Talk about blink and you miss it! Hats off to the pilots.

AlistairT

Advert

Despite the weather, those pilots must be heros to want to show their stuff that way and hats off to the flight line organisers too for running a tight flightline. Great stuff guys and well done. Both big and small stuff, its our hobby and well represented.
Did you see that beautiful English Electric Lightning by Shane Harding waiting for its maiden flight? I dont blame him for waiting. Good on you Shane.
Here's to next year eh?
P

All ok, the poor man that got hit by the wind flipped Tiger Moth was taken to hospital for observation. He had ten stitches to a gash in the back of his head, two on his shoulder and three in his back but guess what? He was back at the show and in the beer tent by 8:30 that night! I spoke with him a few times on Sunday and he was fine and had no blame for the pilot of the moth, just put it down to an unfortunate accident. Lucky eh? Everyone did a good job with that.

• 2 weeks later...