E-flite PT-17

Advert

Hi Gang, sorry missed these recent posts. As David I too used a 12x6 I believe. An Vin, stick with the e-flite motor as we discussed, don't go cheap on this model, she'll hate you for it Seriously though, it e-flite motor is ideal as it is of course just drop in, every other brand I've seen offered up to this model has needed some fudging one why or another to get it installed correctly.

I don't know if you've found the same David, but mine needed lead up the front, even with me replacing the supplied push rods for lighter C/F, it still needed the forward weight. I flew it without to start, and added a little as I went until I hit the sweet spot. That sweet spot turned out to be 4 oz of Lead! No worry though, the airframe handled the weight with ease.

The rigging wire is the cable you get with pull pull systems (although I got mine cheap from a bead shop) and ali tube as crimps. I added it as a scale (ish) after thought and thus is does not come supplied in the kit.

Vin/David, I take it I'll be seeing both of you at Bickley this year? I do hope so.

Stuart.

You'll be lucky. I took two weeks off work and have come upto my parents where I hanger my models and fly of the strip out back. I flew for 2 days over a week ago and its been gale force since then and will be until way after I'm back at work.

But that said, it should give it time to die down for bickley.

Vin, are you using a seperate Rx pack or the BEC on the ESC? Where did you find the Power 15 in the end?

How about some pictures

prop.

Very nice Vin, you had to go with the scarf

Prop, yes, lead up front, a good 60-70g from memory and the CG point should be no more than half way back from that suggested preferably further forward as I guess you've found too.

I hope to make Bickley certainly, a few other things pressing but hopefully I'll see you there.