Osmose 70 - covering idea

ntsmith

Have looked through the instructions - now there is a first - which are essentialy a series of pictures but one interesting thing which was written stated, and I quote: " You can keep the covering film from wrinkling or peeling by spraying the plane with  clear polyurethane"
Has anyone tried this and can they say if it works. I am considering taking this action as many have said the forerunner Oxalys - the small er one not the 2m size - suffers from the covering peeling.

• 1 month later...
I haven't tried it (what's the point of covering a model in heat-shrink film and them spraying it with paint... ) but what I did with mine was:
a) go over the entire model with a covering iron, set as hot as it would go without wrinkling (some of the covering was barely adhering to the surface), then
b) go over all the covering edges with Solarfilm Prymol - only put on enough to cover the overlap.

That seems to have done it; I did miss a few edges and they've since lifted.

Posted by ntsmith on 12/08/2009 23:50:50:
 " You can keep the covering film from wrinkling or peeling by spraying the plane with  clear polyurethane"

He's not planning to spray the model with paint. The varnish is clear so will hopefully provide a protective layer and prevent the covering lifting.

nt, if you don't get a reply here about that technique it might be worth skimming over any osmose threads on rc universe or rc groups to see if anyone has done this on this particular model.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, perhaps I should have said "paint or clear varnish or similar".

The point I was making (trying to make) is that there's no point in going to all that trouble constructing a colour scheme from multiple layers of film which should be fuel-proof and then having to get out the spray equipment that you would have had to use if you hadn't covered it in film. And in any case, clear polyurethane is fuel-resistant, not fuel-proof.