fuel

David  Stembridge

Advert

Hi David

My take on this is it depends on the make up of the fuel and how it compares to that required by your engine manufacturer.

Does it contain castor oil or is it fully synthetic, and how much nitro does it contain. To my knownledge car fuels tend to be higher nitro, and car engines are designed to need that.

If you run it in an aero engine you may find you get pre ignition, you will hear a sort of harsh banging noise when running.

As to the synthetic / castor debate, I have recently move to fully synthetic (ProSynth 5%) and found it to be brilliant.

Andy

10% doesn't seem that high, I would be tempted to try it with maybe a cooler plug.

The only thing to be wary of is the oil content, If you can be sure its no less that 18-20% you should be OK.

But it's not my money up there.

On a slightly different note, As modellers we tend to be a tight bunch, and use and reuse all the time. Maybe the words discretion and valour should spring to mind and just buy some more. (I can hear the screams from here)

A