Hemel Hempsted MFC

MIKE S

The Hemel Hempstead Model Flying Club at present has two sites. Both kept in an excellent state, one north of Hemel Hempstead about 12 miles and the other larger main club site at Shenley, 10 miles to the east. Local to Hatfield, St Albans and North London.

To avoid having to split up the club, we are inviting new members in the Shenley Area. to balance the costs between sites.

The Shenley site has a large flat mown patch about 100 mtrs x 60. Access to the site which is on the top of a hill, is by private road. We are well away from any houses, roads or noise worriers. The sky is open and there are no obstructions.  A container is used as a mower store and clubhouse.  Restrictions are minimum. A max of 45 cc and no jets yet (insurance) We are not BMFA and do not have certification levels. All are welcome. Beginners get help and can use a buddy box. Solar Panels will keep large batteries charged for Electrics and soon there will be an automatic weather station which you can phone for the site conditions.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Mike,

I was in Al's Hobbies today and heard about your club - might be just what I'm looking for.  Can you tell me which of your sites is nearest to central Milton Keynes?

I've just retrieved all my 'plane stuff from storage and am looking for somewhere suitable to get started again...

Hi Mike,

I am also interested in joining the club could you give me some more details or a contact please ? Sounds great as I am pretty close too Shenley.
Also looking to come back to the hobby properly after a little break so may need a some help brushing off the cobwebs.

thanks

Towlie

Tony T
Towlie
First have a look at the YouTube bit which shows our Shenley field.

Tony T. Puttenham is the nearest field to Milton Keynes, very near to Tring, just South of Aylesbury. No YouTube of that site, but it is very well liked by the people who fly there.

Towlie, Your best site is Shenley, just off the M25 and near to the Mosquito Museum.

My problem is that we are having an EGM later this month to decide whether to remain as HHMFC with two fields or split in to two clubs with their own committee, assets and funds.
This has come about by a few at Puttenham complaining that they are subsidising Shenley. Shenley is a much bigger field and has open space all around, but it does cost more. On the other hand it should have more members which keeps the cost down.

Until the decision is made whether to stay as we are or split, I can not do more than put your names down. What you can do at Shenley is come along as our guest and fly a few times until the decision is made. It looks likely that Shenley will form a new club, but will certainly keep the existing field and facillities

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 09/10/2009 22:40:41

• 1 month later...