Kyosho spitfire 50

woody

Hi Hugh from Steve (Wills)

I was watching that thread on RC groups! of the kyosho spit 50, as I have recently purchased one. and started assembling the wings. It made me think! now b4 I install an enginesay a tiger FS54S as its a lightwieght,  I will have to strengthen the firewall and bulkhead with bits of hardwood and more glue, by the looks of it.  I will also have to  varnish the whole front end of the bulkhead and inside the fuse to strengthen my new spit 50, It seems the manufactureres havent thought of everything eh? (Bloody chinamen) Wot do ya think mate?

• 1 month later...
Advert

Hi Steve,

Like all ARF manufacturers, Hangar 9 and Kyosho included, they have hits and misses.  I have seen criticisms of a couple of hangar 9 products... and they aint cheap.

To my mind, if we spend AU$350 on an ARF, (which admittedly is pretty pricey for a 50 size sport scale model, but that's what it is at my local), you either want it to be right to plug it together and go flying, or you want to protect your investment by beefing up bits here and there like engine mount and retract mounts.

I keep changing my mind on this model.  Deciding whether or not to get one.
But I have so many builds on the go at the moment (including the Tony Nijhius Spit (62") and Harricane) and four models that I can take to the field with me on any one day.  So I really cannot justify the cost.  A Pulse XT 60 will come first I think.

Cheers,

Hugh

• 1 year later...
hello all im jay
just ordered my second one of these! after my original went down in flames after the engine sheering off and some how causing a spark lighting the remaining fuel !
and yes the wood that was securing the mounts snapped
any way thank you all for posting these comments, now i know what to watch out for on my new model
regards jayy