Off Cuts

Hamish

Having just completed my first scratch build, Little Lewis, photos to be posted elsewhere, I decided to clean up the workbench, which has slowly accumulated a pile of off cuts.  When picking through and select bits and pieces I decided that any off cut which is of non standard size does not go in the bin.

As a tight fisted Scotsman I have found this quite an arduous task, so much so that I have resorted to the comfort of a few "low fliers" . 

I am sure many of you have found this problem and what criteria do you use for bining perfectly good material.

ps Just add that now I have a clean bench I can get on with the next project
Edited By Hamish McNab on 08/09/2009 22:25:00

Must go and have a lie down now as this is getting out of control.  Not sure if it is the low flier or the thought of all that material I have thrown out

Edited By Hamish McNab on 08/09/2009 22:27:16

Advert

I try to keep what I think is usefull, but my  6yr old son  loves balsa and begs for more and more bits, he now owns my scrap box, and has made some cracking/really strange things just matching up shapes n PVA'in it together, he uses so much glue it can take days to dry.

anyway the answer to the question is post your scrap to my son coz he solves this problem for me

Phil.

ps, I have to confess to robbing some back when he's nicked bits I need