Junkers JU87 Stuka

Trevor Meakin

Hi All ,

Iam in need of some help and throw myself on your mercy .

Having been out of the game for many years I am finally getting back into it , already dusted off my Concept SX 30 Heli , but need to get back to fixed wing ..

I have always fancied a crack at the Junkers JU87 Stuka, and remember years ago this was avialibnle in Kit form , Traditional Build , noy many ARTF those days ..
I cannot remember the manufacturer but it was around 60" wing span for 10cc engines . Unfortunalty it was also out of my Price bracket ...so although I lovingly looked in the box on regular visits to Model shop could never walk away with it under my arm.

How Ironic , I am now ready to shell out some penny's but cannot find the model anywhere , keep seeing a foam park fly , but electric is not my thing right now ..

Can anyone please tell me if this aircraft is still available as a kit , or as a last resort even a plan , needs to be nitro and for at least 4 channel ...

I look forward to your assistance in my search .......

Advert

There are several options for plans-

This seems to be exactly what you want- there are fibre glass bits if you want them too.  There are options bigger and smaller.  Is it the B version you are interested in (same as Richards that Timbo posted) or the later D/G tankbusting types?

If you can go a bit bigger (80") the plans I am using- John Carpenters available from RCM&E and helpfully labelled as a Ju88  are excellent.

Thanks Guys ,,

Timbo , the Ziroli looks fantastic, but perhaps just a little too big for me to tackle.

Andy , the plan you hilighted looks like it could just be the one , and yes it was a A/B I was after ..

I have also come across a Xplan 2 sheet ,stuka priced at £18.00 but cannot find any details of the spec . does anyone know of this plan ?

Cheers

trev.

I have to disagree slightly there Stephen!

I looked around but at some point you have to take a chance.  The plans I got were excellent, and the ones I suggested above fit the criteria- but I have no idea of their quality.  You make a similar leap of faith when you buy a book, and I can certainly recomend some Stuka books over others- but then again if it is not an especially scale model then maybe it's not important.

All my information has come from a range of sources, which makes it more reliable.  One thing I found out about building the DVII is people that like scale modelling will argue and discuss the most insignificant details.  And argue.  And argue.  For example there are a lot of questions about the snake stuka that Richard built (Timbos link).  Notice I said questions, not he is wrong or the info I read was wrong.  There is uncertainty whether there was one plane or 2 with the snake design.  There is a general agreement, but by no means universal agreement, that the snake was a tan colour, not the commonly pictured red.  I read that the red colour was adopted by a plastic model kit company to improve the box art, and it became the presumed actual colour.

The point is whilst individuals can help out, they can also pass on their own misconceptions.  It is better to do your own research and judge for yourself.

Just goes to show  ...

The Collective , is Far better than Google ..I have searched for ages on it  looking for Kit Or Plan for this bird , and brought up very little in what I was looking for .

But here . .well what can I say , not only have I been put told about a Plan with availible accessories , But a Kit Too ,and exactly the size I was after , And traditional Build ..

Dilema now is , do I go for the Kit , even though I have ordered the Plan ? ( Sorry Richard - saw your post too late ) ...

According to Anglia Models website they are manufactured by the shop in their own factory. They are also known as Complete-a-Pac kits and have been on the market for many years.

I have been in the shop and seen some completed models hanging up. But I have never inspected the kits closely. There must be quite a few examples around at various clubs.

Edited By Richard Bond on 14/09/2009 15:36:55