Is this power train OK?

I've just built a Multiplex Gemini with Multiplex C3516-1130 Tuning Motor  with10by5 prop. which pulls30A,max current 48A and 350W. I have a Phoenix 45ampESC. I intended to use a 2200 3S Evolite but got seduced by their Eon X30 advertsinRCME but now I'm anxious as they say it pulls 66amp continuous at 30C. I took it out for its maiden flight today and went really well but never on more than half throttle. Should I have a bigger ESC? I,m relatively new to electric flight.Could you advise and prehaps point me in the direction of any articles that may help my understanding of power train set up etc. I think a wattmeter may be a good idea to see what's really happening ! Best Wishes, Roderic.

Advert

The battery capability is 66A  @30C.
This however is not what your set up is pulling...its pulling 30A - you said so yourself. Changing the battery to one with a bigger C rate does NOT affect the current drawn on the same setup, only  larger prop or more cells in the battery will do that
( or of course a different motor )
Have you read the new section " electric  flight for beginners " Roderic?

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 18/09/2009 23:35:50

roderic-my friend has the same model with the m/plex power set up in-apart from the watt's/amp's/prop size---i think you'll find that all the power you have avalable will be wasted-as the model is that light etc-it simply does'nt need all that power/thrust--stop letting the add's seduce you....  ..

ken anderson....