Faulty AR500 receiver

Peewhit

Hi folks,

A couple of months back my AR500 receiver developed a fault after only about ten hours use in a slope soarer

Every time it powered up it went into bind mode.

Those nice chaps at Horizon Hobby replaced it for me very quickly - their service really is excellent.

Guess what, the replacement has developed the same fault after only a few hours in the air - a bit frustrating when you find this out on the slope.

Anyone else had a similar experience or is this just my bad luck?

Only a two channel SAS Fusion but this time it's going to get a AR6200 -  I have had two of these for over a year with no problems at all

Advert

Hi Timbo,

The receiver initially bound without problem following the usual procedure - bind plug in battery/bind port, power to another port (led flashing), switch on transmitter (DX7) with bind button held in (led solid) remove bind plug and power off receiver, power off transmitter.

Tip of the long aerial is at 90 deg to the short one. Tx set to delta wing, battery (via switch) to battery port, left aileron in aileron port and right in elevator port.

I always power on the Tx before the Rx, and turn the Rx off first.

Everything was fine for several outings then suddenly one day the Rx went into bind mode immediately on power up (just like the last one) and will not rebind.

Horizon concluded that the last one had developed a fault and therefore replaced it.

Seems to me that the replacement has developed exactly the same fault.

Peewhit, 
Out of interest are you re-binding the receiver with the servo plugs disconnected (ie. with just bind plug and power lead as per initial bind) or are servos still connected.
If still connected then perhaps you have signal to ground leakage through a (faulty) servo. This may fool the receiver into bind mode.
 Just a thought and clutching straws.

Definitely entering bind mode as opposed to brown out.

Thought about a servo possibly shorting it out.

Have tried to re-bind with no servos connected at all - no success - just willnot bind.

Thanks anyway chaps - think the packet of straws is starting to run out.

AR 6200 arrived today - set it up with no problems at all

yes defo never had prob with any other spekky stuff but AR500  1 lost bind mid flight (immpossible i had horizon say)  well the model did not go into fail safe battery was on 6.8 volts when checked, when i found the reciever it powered up fine but was unbound and i had to rebind reciever and everything worked, range check was fine  horizon swapped it anyway, had another that would brown out and not reconnect after 10 seconds (its supposed to be milliseconds) stick with anything else and you will be fine