Canada Goose

I hope you can help.
I will soon be building a canard, Canada Goose by Andy Lennon. The design calls for a rather complex mechanical system for the flaps, elevators and rudder. It was designed in 1978.
As it is a canard the elevators are at the front and work in reverse to conventional aircraft, they also work as flaps. On the main plane are ailerons and separate flaps. The design calls for all flaps to work together so how do I rig up flapevators (Lennons term!) at the front and flaps on the main plane to work together? Keeping the elevator function separate!The flaps to work independently on channel 6.
I don't have a problem with the rudders or ailerons as I can use separate servos. The rudders are out on the wing tips and just to add to the fun its rear engined! The radio is Futaba 7CAP. What mixes do I need to get this? Help!!!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Chris,
I've a 7 foot model of Dave Lockspeiser's Boxer 1000, a canard. Dave is a friend and years ago I did some work on the controls of his seven-tenths scale LDA. We are currently in communication about the model. The foreplane has one surface, which is used as a flap; with this surface it is possible to trim the attitude of the aeroplane at different throttle and load settings. The elevators on the main plane are the prime pitch control. Due to a triple by-pass last year I wasn't able to test fly the model but when the snow disappears here in Vermont I hope to. I would point out that the remarks above are yet to be proved, but they are based on thorough wind tunnel tests arranged by Dave. If you like to email me then I can send you a photo of my model and some info on the wind tunnel testing.
Jim

• 4 years later...