Blackhorse Renegade

Hi Steve, Glad it was an easy repair, I agree with you that it's a nice looking plane. I have encountered my first problem now !. The exhaust systems on JEN Engines from 46 to 91 use a bigger silencer ass and it won't fit in the recess. i will give them call and see what they recommend. Trimmed the cowel tonight thats not as easy as you think but managed to keep it tidy. Still no servo's. They were sent out the day before the post strike expect they will turn up soon bit of a british tradition a post strike heading towards Christmas. If i have a good morning i may be able to grab a couple of hours down the field tomorrow weather permitting of course. i will keep you updated on the exhaust.

cheers
                                                                       colin

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Steve,

Just a quick update on my renegade,  She's allready to fly now.  I made an exhaust and it seems fine (not to noisy) and ran the engine in today starts easy and appears to have plenty of poke. I may get the chance to fly tomorrow if our runway has dried out and we don't get any more rain, I will let you know how it go's.

Cheers
                                                                  Colin

Hi Steve,
Still can't beleave you can buy a model that's finnished so well for £70. she looks a treat. No chance to fly up here has been raining all day and the forecast is bad all week, just have to wait. I thought i may have problems with the C,O,G as i was useing a Jen 57 but still had to add 20grms to the nose. There is a plus side i have not knocked the U/C off yet ( and i will soon enough ).

Cheers
                                                                      Colin
P/S keep away from the dreaded ebay, There's some real nut cases on there they will pay crazy money for some things  and it's easy to get dragged in.