Fliton Inspire 90

ntsmith

Having now flown this new bird a few times I can confirm that comments about the delaminaton of the undercart are true. After a dozen very soft landings the knee joint - where it exits the fuselage - is noticably delaminating.
whilst it is apparently possible to fill the spaces with cyano I have ordered a replacement from Carbon Copy. I have ordered the CCU13 which is slightly taller.
The increased height from this will help the plane have a greater angle of attack. It is otherwise quite level and only a very shallow take off can be acheived.
The only other gripe was that on the example I had the covering was very slack. A gently rub with the iron got all the creases out but the material just does not seem to be Profilm. I say that because of the way it behaves on shrinking. Perhaps others have more information on that point.
Flown with an 8S 5000maH battery and a Turnigy motor the performance is very good. Why use a Hacker when a Turnigy does the same job for less money?

Advert