Retracts for Tony Nihuis 62 Spitfire ?

Paul Jarvis 1

Hi,

Im looking for some guidance as this is my first build so I m guessing a bit plus I know nothing about retracts having only flown a fixed U/C.

I am looking for some cheapish (£50 ?) retracts that will do the job and fit the 62 " spitfire.  Do they exist  or will I have to spend more to get decent ones ?

I am looking for light weight too as the spit will be EP.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Also, if someone has built this model and is willing to give me some advise by e mail when I get stuck that would be great   : ) 

Thanks in advance

Paul

Advert

Paul, the ones detailed on the plan from Unitract (the glass reinforced nylon ones) are £54 + postage for the retracts and sprung oleos, they fit perfectly (just need to relieve the retract bearers slightly to clear one of the pins to allow fitting and removal) and work very well (so far) here, you will also have to cut clearance holes in some of the ribs to clear the push/pull operating rod. I'm in the middle building one of these myself and have almost completed the wing, as you say, this is covered in another build blog elsewhere, I'm about to start the fuselage, if anything of interest comes up I'll post it. Ken