Charger software CD

John  Bunting

I've just bought a VistaPower EV-650A charger/discharger/balancer from BRC Hobbies, which looks a good buy at £30. However, it comes with a small 80 mm diameter software CD for computer-monitoring the system. Can these small discs be read in the same slot on a laptop as used for standard 120mm CDs? I don't want to put it in then find it can't be read and/or won't come out!
John Bunting. 

Advert

the easy way to tell is eject the draw of the CD player (assuming it has one) and see if it has a small recess in if so it probably will take the smaller discs.

If not, get the model name and check the manufacturers website and they will be able to tell you....

Thanks, all.  My computer is a Dell Studio 1535 laptop, which doesn't have a pop-out drawer, just a slot. I've asked Dell support about this CD: if and when I get a reply, I'll let you know. However, I've just noticed my Dell Quick Reference Guide says the optical drive doesn't support irregularly-shaped discs or discs smaller than 120 mm, which doesn't sound good.

Thanks for your kind offer, Olly. I live near Godalming, Surrey. However, I have one or two friends near here who might be able to help, so I'll try them, and see what Dell say about it, then maybe get back to you if necessary.
I don't know why the makers of the charger had to use this small CD: there's enough room in the box for a standard size one. Inscrutable, these Chinese.