Spektrum module for JR Tx.

Dave Prior

Advert

Hi Peevie, I'm weighing up whether to invest in the module - plugging it into my 3810 OR biting the bullet and getting a DX7. The thing is i've invested time and effort getting used to the 3810. I dont know (but hope) all my mixes will port through the module. I only use Acro/Glider settings.  I havn't seen any reviews of these modules (or the jeti offering ). Maybe this post will serve as a subtle hint to the magazine ! !

Hi Dave. I think the Jeti stuff was reviewd in the mag not long ago - and had great comments. A Spektrum guy at our field is so impressed with it he has sold all his spekky stuff off ( I bought loads of Rx s ) and he is a real techy geek - so it must be good

I think the DX7 is a great piece of budget gear, and the only downside to the module version is the lack of model match, and the somewaht ungainly aerial arrangements. Of course, it does allow you to gradually convert, or indeed retain some 35Mhz gear.
I think the modules are great idea... and had they existed 3 yeras ago when I bought into the DX7, I may well have got one for my PCM9X which I sold on

• 2 weeks later...
Hi...Really hope you have all been keeping well, I have been out of the hobby for about a year now  due to one thing and another  Say no more!  But alls mended and fine again now. So have gotten a bit out of touch with flying things...

I still have my JR 35Mhz PCM9XII... Are you saying I could fit a Spektrum 2,4Ghz Module and it would all work just great?

Jon, getting back into it

Edited By Jon on 03/12/2009 15:06:25

Thanks Bruce & Timbo
Guess what I'm really asking is by upgrading in this manor am I limiting myself in any way. Will I wish at some latter stage that I had purchase all new gear?

Jon

Edited By Jon on 03/12/2009 16:17:58

Edited By Jon on 03/12/2009 16:19:00