Tony Nijhuis Spitfire Mk IX

TonyS

Sifting through the plans section of the Site and STILL trying to find something to build despite trips to the local LMS's and a hundred web sites.
Thought about a warbird as there are few EDF's that grab me at the minute that aren't out of stock.
I don't have anything other than my trusty Swann Morton and micro hand saw so I want something where at least all the ply parts are supplied pre-cut.
I've looked at the Hurricane in the mag (seems you can buy the lot pre-cut) or this Spitfire. It's advertised as requiring i.c.
Has anyone carried out a (successful) conversion to leccy...?

Also, if I do go for it, never having bought from the plans bit, is there some kind of parts list as well as a plan and if I buy the wood pack is this everything? What's confused me here is the ad for the Hurricane. This is advertised with a CNC pack and a "Wood pack to complete the model". Presumably one is literally the cut parts and the other the sheet and rod etc? Both the same price at £64.99 (???!)
If you look at the Spitfire this comes with a wood pack but it's only £40 some pounds. Does this mean there is no CNC pack for the Spitfire?

• 1 month later...
If you look here: http://www.tonynijhuisdesigns.co.uk/Spitfire62.htm there is prices for everything and there is a CNC wood cut pack as well as the wood pack needed for completing the model. I bought mine at the Nationals in the Slec UK tent. they gave me all the wood and the CNC pack and plan and canopy for a little less then if you bought it all from the Tony Nijhuis website.

I am currently building mine and i am going electric after being totally convinced by John Ranson's electric aircraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMh5CXyb9_I 

Im using the Turnigy 50-65 350Kv motor if that helps on a 6S 5000mAh Zippy.

so far i have been very impressed with the build and it is easy and very quick! but there is a lot of sanding to the eye so make sure you know the shape of the spitfire very well!

thanks
Will