DH 103

A.A. Barry

Advert

Ok, now back to the tail feathers, inbtween spasm of pain from an old broken tooth, which I had excavated testerday morning, I managed to "skin" the tailplane and 1 elevator, "back sanded the main spar rear edge to accomadate the rounded ft spar of the elevator plus guessimated the hingeing line, which turn out to be correct, none of this on the plan, it shows a "slab" of 3/16, so I altered the construction of them both, anyway, there is only 2 hinges showing 3rd will be done today....enjoy

The darker strip is 1/16 ply for added strength  

Gents, I have been in contact with the editor, of the "other mag"  and has taken the  time, to have the plan redrawn, and apoligizes for the over sight, he is sending me a new plan, and a kit of "cut parts" for free, this was not my objective, I was trying to point out, the plan was wrong,  there has been several emails "to and fro", between us and the problem has been resolved.
I have to say, that at no time did he (the editor ) try to "brush me off", and took the time to listen, in the account of the plan being wrong, which I find very very good, and I wish other manufactures of model items would listen to the "end user" a bit more, all over the world.
Any way he has my 3 cheers ,.. Hip,hip.......and so no
Skybolt PM me please, your problem may be fixed as well
A.A Barry

Still on the tailfeathers, fin size has been increase to the corrcet width of scale, locking in the fin to fuz and through the tailplane took a bit f head scratching.
These will not be glued in untill I recieve more "stuff", the wife calls it, so I pinned it to dream about the end result, (we all do)

• 2 weeks later...
H, gents, more done on the rear end, I finally received the tailwheel retract servo, mounted that to a ply plate and fitted the pipes and coupling linkage, mounted the retract unit, tilted back a little to get the wheel to hide in the fuz, all that done now to block up the lower rear to get the shape.
Before all thi was done I had to realize that after that, all access to the rudder horn and elevator horn had to be accessable from the top, before I glued those into place, which as I get to I will show you
Pic time

A lot of thought of where, how to steer the the beast, the servo position was placed a little towards the rear, as being mini one I don't think that there is a weight factor, fishing "trace" is fed through the other formers on it's way to the retract arms, placed in the steering position and sprung loaded, it will take any accidental sideways shock on the ground, when folded the wires will become loose and not stress the servo gears when the rudder moves in the air, which will be "y" coupled to the servo, I hope

The wires are just loosely crimped at the moment, so I can get final adj later, in an other thread, I was looking for "reverse cams for OS 56a Fs engines, no luck one of our members suggest the guru, Brain Winch, who gave me recomendations for my plight, contra rotating props
On his advise he suggested Saito engines( 1) which can be reversed, with a few mods, fortunately a club mate had 2 which had only done 10 flights, so now they are mine Fs 56.
So that's it for now, I will go to the other thread and add brains thought a little bit further
A.A. Barry