DH 103

A.A. Barry

AAB
This is the folding mechanism of a Fournier RF5 motor glider. Its manual of course but it does show how it locks down.
In this case to allow the wing to fold down flat the hinge line is just above the wing surface.  I guess it is covered with a removable fairing.
Note the complex folding aileron push/pull rod linkage. On a model it would be much easier to put the servo in the wing tip and let the wires fold.
Simple 'removable' wing tips have much to commend them!

Advert

Skybot, and all, the editor of the "other Mag" has taken the issue onboard ( incorrect copying, I think) after several emails, and pic's, is going to look at the plan to see where the problem is, which is good and shows care , so until then i will do more work on the fuz
.Barry

More today, added some more top fuz stringers, the long gap behind F3 is for the canopy rail slides, I am hoping that Squ, brass tubing will allow a mild steel rod to slide in and then "tapped" to 2mm to accept the canopy securing bolts and plates, the cockpit will have a vertical slot and the rear part will be horisnotal, all of this tied to a "sail winch servo drum" and "ulled" to close spring reaction to open.... sounds good in theroy
one of the pic's showsthe inner frames for the cockpit, which luckly, the origonal was "lined".... until next time
A.A.Barry

Rain hear today,had to do some small stuff, so I decided it was time to start the tail feathers, out with the 3 view and calculator, once drawn on plan, the ideais to start with a core sheet and build it up in halves,trimmed some 1/16 and drew the outline onto it. I stripped off 1/2" strips for the spars, laid out and started glueing,because it's a bit wet out side by building is restriced to the kitchen table, SHMBO, "don.t cut on it OK", not sure it is flat anyway, so I will leave it to just the frame work

Sun's out, no wind, off  to the field, set the model, swich on ....nothing, check "link up", nope... wrong TX module in, so watched the lads, and went home for more work on the Hornet.
Had a chance to build outside so more work on the Fuz, added the tailplane seat, also I has still not happy with the rear Fuz "strength", so added some X braces in

Also the 1/16" ft Fuz doublers

WEll much has transpired since sunday, not with the model, but with the orig. plans, the editor of the 'other mag" has been studing the drawings and feels that it ( the plan ) will have to be redrawn, in some areas, mainly the wing, I take this opertunity to suggest, that if yo do have a serious problem with a plan, don't just throw it away, contact the "man" and most times he will be obliging, and that is very heartwarming, I take my "hat off"  to them
The other point is, I obtained the 100" plan version from USA, today, altho 20% larger, my outline, of the tailplane  is correct.  YEA
 A.A. Barry