Parkzone p51 micro mustang

Hi all,

Ive ordered one of these litle dudes and was wondering if anyone has flown or owns one. The Sukhoi apparantly flies better on a 5x 4.3 prop..Is the prop okay on the p51?? Are there any mods people are doing or is it a dream to fly??? 
I hope that mine will arrive tommorrow. perfect for indoor with the snow that is falling at the moment??!!
Gaz

Advert

Gaz, this was discussed last week - have a look here:

The long and the short of it is you should have no trouble at all, it's a great little performer.  The only upgrade you might want to think about is a bigger battery.  I can't compare it to the Sukhoi as I haven't flown one, but I know a lot of folks were disappointed in the Sukhoi's performance.  No such worries for me with the Mustang.

• 2 weeks later...
its MUCH better than the sikhoi,     just get bigger batteries,  i use 150s, but i believe that even bigger are being used,    flew my chrissy prezzy on the monday after christmas,   had a great time,  several of the guys bound their mode 2 trannies to it, and eveyone love it,  it flew better withough the wheels,     unfortunatly,  the i want to stand alone mate of mine decided to do a fast run down the runway, without looking first,,    only 2 models in the air, and i got topedoed,     27quid to get it back to new,   so,   scrapping it, and making something for the gear,   wife was NOT pleased    wonder whats next???  i can see a whole range of these appearing

• 3 months later...
I just did a spot of night flying with my mustang tonight, that was a scarey experience. Flying from a basketball court in the desert with a distant spotlight for illumination. There was little surface wind but even at 20ft she was all over the place, possibly thermals off the ground as day time temps are 38'C ? I did a few circuits and called it a day, no where near enough light to see what she was doing. My only trouble is- the wind picks up in the day nd only drops off after sun down.