APM AirPower RC Pro - www.airpowerrcpro.com

I sent a 90mm Lander EDF unit back to this supplier for a warranty replacement, but they have had it since 2nd November 2009 (posted on 29/10/2009).
To date I have not received anything back and it is now holding up my build, which is very frustrating. Surely 2 months is long enough!

It was sent recorded delivery and I spoke to someone on their mobile phone number who confirmed they had received it and would send out a replacement quickly.

AirPower RC Pro - www.airpowerrcpro.com
54 Henty Road
Worthing
lace
West Sussex

BN14 7HF

The only contact number I have for them is a mobile number which always goes to answer phone. I have also tried sending text messages but do not get any reply back from them either and no luck on email either.

I thought this company was reputable as they advertise in RCME most months, I think the owner is well known (Tommy Chen?) and Grant Wright at FoamyJets.co.uk recommends them too.

I'm starting to think my only option is to go beating on the door, albeit a long journey and the expense of travelling from the West Midlands.

Can anyone offer any advice, experiences or help?

Edited By Allan Bowker on 06/01/2010 15:19:07

Advert

I received an email from Tim @ Lander

He tells me that he is not sure what is going on with AirPower RC Pro, Lander have not received my unit for replacement and that Overlander will now be their UK distributor as of Jan 2010.

I'm now unsure what is going to happen, looks like my duff EDF unit is stuck at Airpower and I may never get it back for the replacement.

I hope nobody has any orders pending with AirPower RC Pro, you could be waiting some time, have they gone out of business? 

Allan, Tim has been in touch with me, he is desperate to get this sorted for you but recieved a notification on his system that his e-mail to you had been recieved as Spam? You need to drop him a line, in the meantime, I'm not suprised really at what has gone on with regard UK distribution, I'll say no more, except that I'll tell Tim you will be in touch, ok?

Hello Scott, A massive THANKS for that.

I would also like to take this opportunity to shout out a 'BIG THANKS' to a few other people who have helped me out here too, I won't name any of you though (OK, apart from Scott).

You are all a very influential bunch, I'm lucky to be in contact with you all. Without your help I wonder if I would be were I am now (read on...)

I have received a few emails from Tim & Lucy @ Lander, they have been very helpful with prompt replies. I would recommend Lander for their service to anyone, should be a great partnership with Overlander.

--- THE PLOT THICKENS ---

In all it has taken five individuals to contact AirPower RC Pro and low and behold, I have received an email from them.

-----EMAIL-----
Hi Allan,
Thanks for your e-mail.

As we have just had our parcel released by the custom not long ago. And we have been busy to solve all the back orders and replacement.

After checking with our technical section, there your unit is ready to send back to you, therefore, you should have it back by early next week, as the bad weather most of the post service has been delayed.

Best Regards,
William
AIRPOWER RC PRO UK
-----END-----

So this should be an end to the matter early next week?
I sure hope so.

The EDF unit arrived in yesterdays post - Woohoo! at last!

Thanks again to everyone who helped out. Hopefully the running tests will all go fine, it looks like they have replaced the motor and not the whole unit.

I'm now signing off to send an email to Lander as they were interested to find out how this all ended.