Sandown exibition

Advert

Hi Marc, I'm afraid that there seems to be little or no chance of an
exhibition or expo for us. I attended the last one at sandown which was promoted by Traplet. During a conversation with one of the Traplet stand staff I was told that they would be sponsoring the show in future, sadly this has not happened. I guess that like me you are one of the many who would like to know just what caused the show to fold. It could not have been lack of support from the trade or the punters as the place was full every time I went there.Someone knows Marc,but they don't want us to know do they! Wonder if Mr Ashby could tell us.Regards Allan J..TTFN

£40,000.00 to hire Sandown for the weekend, it comes as a package with security staff and food and bars etc. Add to that organisational costs, staffing and the biggie, insurance and you have laid out one heck of an amount of money. You have to attract one awful lot of peeps to cover that. Not that I mean the peeps are awful!
I know the traders pay quite highly for their pitches and that is why, over the recent years, that a lot of the well know traders didnt appear, too expensive, hence the gradual downsizing until it just became too expensive and not viable.
Shame, I do agree, as it was always the first show of the year and bargains to be had. I have spent much much "pocket" money there over the years.
Sadly missed and lamented.
RIP Sandown Symposium.