VQ P-38 Lightning

Adrian Smith 1

I am looking for another twin engine project as I don't think my Cmpro Mosquito will last very long as it flys like a brick (after putting 1lb of lead in the nose). I like the look of the P-38 and wondered if the VQ kit is any good - sensible wing loading, flying characteristics etc etc. I have got a couple of OS 52FS sitting idly by incidently. Thanks

Advert

I know there were some early issues with regard to durability...although, I tend to take stuff like this with a certain pinch of salt as people's idea of durability [let's face it...lousy landings or very rough strips] differes somewhat. I have never flown it, but I have dealt with VQ quite a bit [I have the 0.60 size Hurricane]...personally, I like the stuff, it's just that the wood and covering are different from China [they are built in Vietnam], they are quite heavy compared to Hanger 9 & Kyosho stuff [amongst others]....but not much is as heavy as CM Pro stuff!

They sell very well in the Germany, US and Aus, guy that owns the factory is spot on, in Europe, this stuff was previously known as Air Loisirs, who were the European importer [but no longer] rather than the manufacurer, which may help your research. If I remember right, the manufacturer website is www.vqmodels.com, certainly if you do a search, you will find them.