Cub

Phil 9

Advert

Phil depends what you want really as Cub`s come in all sizes and power options.A really good artf Cub is the Hanger 9 1/4 scale but it comes at a price!Model is well built with good detail and is a very good flying machine.You can fly it slow and gentle but if you want a bit of action it will roll,loop and fly inverted with ease.As I say it comes at a price,kit in excess of £400, needs a good size engine(120 four stroke?)but the end result is excellent.

I get 8+ mins from a 2200mah battery, Phil, and I 've never been down to LVC yet. Wing loading is reasonably high as it is quite a solid model - lots of liteply in its construction - and it flies a little faster than scale. The larger versions will be better in that respect

I've seen the JP Cub on offer but have no personal experience. It is designed for IC but conversion to electric seems to be no problem. The only thread I've seen about this model is on a French site here, where it was converted to a brushed motor. If you have no French, you can Google translate the page, but otherwise, there are plenty of pics and figures to give you an idea of the model.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Phil,

If you can afford it, go with the Hangar 9 one. I saw one down our field once and it was truly awesome (Although, i do not hide the fact i love Cubs!!).

As for size, do you mean for transport or actual flying? If you are worried about size cause of your flying abilities, then the bigger it is will probably be easier to fly and will handle winds much better!!