Miss Molly

Phil 9

Advert

Hi Phil.

THis is a very nice model (I would say that, wouldn't I)

It is aerobatic but not twitchy in any way. Basically stable but does what you want when you want.

Definately a good follow on from a trainer but would not dissapoint anyone wanting a nice Sunday afternoon sports model.

IT is a slighty larger version of a model that I had published in the USA.

Any other questions, please ask.

Thanks Pete

A follow on model is what I am looking for something not too difficult to fly.

general advice from the forum has been to build a WOT 4. Although building a WOT4 kit would be quicker this looks far more interesting.

I think it would also look great with a set of floats. I am still in the middle of a kit build that I will finish before starting to build this (If I start more than on project at a time I feel none of them will get finished) but I will be sending for the plans.

It does look scale-ish but I will try to keep things simple and cover using film. As you say  good "Sunday afternoon sports model" one I hope will get a lot of flying time.

I do have one question for you Peter.

I can not tell how it is constructed from the photo but do you think it would be easy enough to build it with a two piece wing. If I can make it so I can split the wing for transport it will be a very useful model to me.

If not the 54inch wingspan will still be a useful size to me.

Yes I think you are right it will just complicate things and it will not be too big anyway.

I often have big ideas for models that usualy get scraped. But floats for it still may be an option but again it may be adding to much weight

I will post some photos of the build but it wont be for a while yet.