Vulcan

adam

Vulcan 60size ic powered

I've always loved the Vulcan plane and when I spotted the plan on Traplets website I just had to buy it.
Now I'm really not a skilled builder and although this plan is a simple (ish) build it has took me a good 8months so far (on and off whenever I was allowed out into the garage, girlfriend permitting)
So here's my build so far.....................  Pictures uploading will post them soon

Ron Fraser's plan
Wingspan: 60" / 1525 mm
Engine: .60 2-strokes
Radio: 4 function

Advert

Getting there. Painted the Dark Grey on, 2coats . Why cant paint go on thin and easy and never need a 2nd coat?!?!  I hate painting which is why I have never painted a model before. But I thought the Vulcan deserved some time and effort.

OK, this is the last pic I have. Getting the green added. You can see the picture I found on the internet for the colour scheme. I just free hand penciled the design on the white solartex and painted upto it.
I have just added (finished 5mins ago) the 2nd coat of green so is drying at the moment.

Nice Jez,

What plan is that?!? and what power is it using?

SolarTex was better than I expected, what with the funny leading edge on the Vulcan I managed it in nearly 1 piece per top/bottom of 1 wing.

1 downside though, I have nice iron shapes in my soft balsa , but the paint seems to be doing a good job of hiding them

hi mw
it is the new traplet 68 ins plan by g dorchell , quite new , but they do a laserkit which helps , will be sheeted and solatexed , it is a twin lecy pusher , the wings are detachable , good job really wont fit in my van else lol
jez

yea i actually bought the ron fraiser plan last year and was waiting for the kit to come out ,then this one arrived on the web site , its a bit big but got all the good bits, retracts etc , it will have 2 lipos on board running 2 x500 watt brushless motors , not shure to go 3 or 4 cell but the esc and motors will take either so i have a bit of lea way with the power .have a look on u tube at his videos of the prototype looks really good . will keep posted with more pics
jez

Edited By jez on 15/02/2010 21:42:11

Nearly there

Just got 101 little jobs todo etc, control horns,run engine in,canopy paint,secure fuel hatches,check fuel tanks work right (has 2 tanks in it), setup radio,..........

Weight come out at approx 9lb or 4kg with no fuel so finger crossed she might actually get off the ground.

Will be a couple of months before she's in the air but I will update this post when she does.

Thanks for reading so far