My 1st completed balsa model

Advert

Thanks all i was quite happy how it turned out few details on that picture's you can not see like around the rear of the canopy i had painted a skull with angel wings just for fun lol

Biggles yes i have flown it but it crashed into a bush thorn's ripped throgh covering on the wing and the rudder snapped and front part of the fusalge broke too i'll post a picture soon.

Martyn it's covered with dope and paper that came with the kit  the paper wasnt that good to be honest my buddy bought another guillows a few days later of a hurricane and the paper was much better in that. gave it two coats of dope then just painted it with matt enamel paint, used a sharpie green on the camo parts for panel lines & rivits as it dried with a nice colour match, then a black sharpie for underside detailing on sky blue bottom.

Humbrol Brown (188)
Humbrol Green (150)
Humbrol Cream (148)
Humbrol Orange (82)
Humbrol Marine Blue (157) mixed 1 part to  4 parts Humbrol White (34)

Well thats not far from my location i am in ely myself so not far away from Raf St Athan's

Vasil

I assume it is free flight with no RC. Is it rubber powered?

I have a Guillows Thunderbolt, which I had/intended making as a RC model. I have delayed as i have read that the flat bottomed right up to the LE, is not good for RC. Have you an opinion?

A converted Guillows Ju 87 posted on RC Groups had a modified section, raising and rounding the LE. Any thoughts. Seemed to fly, looked like a 480 with Nicads, so I guess heavier than brushless Lipo set up.

Seeking opinions really

Erfolg

i just went by the instruction Martyn :D plus it was in the box free i didnt even pay for the dope my mate bought some his hurricane so just borrowed some all i bought was supa glue 2 tubes was a pound had the paint from a air fix diorama build i still havent finished 1/72 scale so annoying to paint lol . so all in all £9 :D &  few hours of my time that was the result it was also my first camo i ever painted , Barry is like 10  mins away buddy i actually done the trip in 4 minutes flat out @  5 o'clock in morning trying to get home ready for work lol

Yeah it is a rubber free flight Erfolg had to keep looking at your name to type that :P

The one i built has only got a 17 1/2 inch wing span it's the 900 series and quite small interior i suppose you could mod some sort of Parkzone Vapour bits to get it to fly.

i Have seen the chipmunk fly of the same 900 series 17 1/2inch

I may be wrong but i can only find the P-47 thunderbolt in the 1000 series if that is the model you have thease two people have built a flying model 

Kit No - 1001 Republic P-47 Thunderbolt
milesperpound http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775322

I havent Actually built a r/c flying model  myself but thats why iu am here .
hope there is something in there you can use 

Vasli

Yes, the same kit, I do not think my own is 20 years old. I paid about £15 on holiday in Orlando, when both of my daughters had gone to Uni, youngest is now +30, could be 15 then, Hmmmm.

Seems that conversions are now common enough to have a set pattern.

I think my purchase was a consequence to a train trip to a conference in London, where I picked up Quiet ............... the other cover, dreamt of what could be, although not modelling then, then came the realisation that a 480 and Nicads would be to heavy.

It does seem possible that your P51 could practically be made into a RC, model, with the availability of lightweight power train and electronics at low cost. That is if you wanted to.

Any way congratulations are in order. I can see the attraction of going into the local park and flying it. I do with my £20 indoor i-plane, who cares what the neighbours think?

So what is next?