Black horse CAP 232 .40

Hi
I am looking for a first non trainer plane for after ive done my A, Ive been reading about the CMPro models such as the extra 300l and yak 54, and they all seem to be way to heavy for the wing size and tip stall really easily, so that isnt what I want!
So I came across the Black horse CAP 232 which seems to have a good wingspan of 57'' and will take a .40 - .53 two stroke which is all good as I will be able to pull these off my trainer to use on it. Ive also read that it is really nice at slow speeds and floats down nicely.  
 Has anyone ever had any experience with black horse and the CAP 232?
with it being a aerobatic bird I will have to have rates and expo programmed in.
What is the quality like with the black horse artf models, are they up to scratch?
If they are they seem superb value for the price!!!
Thanks
-
Sam 

Advert

Hi Sam A CAP is a lovely looking plane, but I wouldn't recommend it as a second plane. IMHO you would be better keeping it for when you have at least another year under your belt. Wing loading or not, it'll be highly agile, go exactly where you point it, and might be too much to handle at your experience level. The well worn " traditional" path is to move onto a high wing sports model like a Wot4 or similar, then a low wing trainer, then you can really have some fun with an extra, edge or CAP. Ps. Is this the famous Sam Thomas from the mag?

Hi Sam,I went from Trainer to Blackhorse Super Air,but due toradio loss it spent a month in a crop of Rape seed before it was found.Inthe meantime I flew the Seagull 40.Both recommended.I then went to the Blackhorse Renegade,another good model.Im now onto the Pulse XT 40 which I love.My models for this year ready to fly are the BlackhoseExtra300,Seagull Harmon Rocket and Seagull Cap232.I likr both makes ofARTF.I find the difference of the latter models is Speed and response.Im 65 so itll take mo longer than you,what have you been flying up to now?

Ive been flying a zagi (to easy! ), TUTOR 40, GWS corsair and a britflight breeze for the past say 2 months
Here is a video of my latest outing
Sorry if the link makes the screen go funny but I cant post it any other way as it just makes the screen go dull and wont let me click anything 

Edited By Sam Thomas on 12/03/2010 08:07:38

The quality of the black horse stuff ( and the seagull stuff too ) s really rather excellent in the "good value for money" sector of the ARTF world.
I should think you will manage just fine with the CAP, as long as you get plenty of time in on the other models beforehand, doubtless there will be other members at the field who fly the wrong mode that will be willing to let you trty out some of their stuff after you have done the "A"

sam - it's me ken--one of your sponsor's from god's country----i would recommend a Wot 4 for you....as the age you are...you have what we used to have--- built in to you (hooligan)....buy and build the kit version...not the ARTF.....

ken anderson--older version of young Sam......   ..

hooligan=young/fun and fearless....................

Oh wait, Ive found it for £100 and postage on a website called elite models, but ive also found this
(Again sorry for the link but I explained why further up in the thread) 
I wonder how well she flys, hopefully better than the CMPro version it also seems to be over 1.5kg lighter with a bigger wingspan to!

• 2 weeks later...