TW-742 "Sky Hawk"

I'm just assembling one of these, which will be my first electric model.   Anyone here have any experience with these?

Edit - I should add that the one that has me scratching my head a little is how to stop the aileron control rods fouling the rudder and elevator servos.

Edited By Tony Smith 7 on 08/04/2010 08:41:46

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Well its all assembled, trimmed and flight tested now.   No significant problems, but I guess it needs a bit more tweaking than suggested by the adverts. The control fouling was resolved with a little strategic bending of the aileron push-rods.

Edited By Tony Smith 7 on 16/04/2010 08:56:36

Dealer's photo of the complete plane ....

Elevator/rudder servo fitment ... 

Receiver and ESC (arming switch on port side of fuselage)

1100mAh NiMH power pack under the canopy.  Brush motor not visible, two blade folding 6x3 propeller  ...

Aileron servo and linkages on the underneath of the wing ....

No-frills 4 channel 35MHz transmitter ...

I'm sure everyone could have a field day finding fault with the model, but the fact is that when assembled with a bit of common sense it flies OK.   CofG even comes out more or less right without fiddling around.

The worst thing really is the instructions, some of which are hilarious, for example the low voltage warning light is described as "The low pressure reports to the police the light".   In the assembly instructions plugging in the aileron servo is "Insert electron adjust into the LCD oscillate"

I accidently got the throttle channel reversed, and sorting that out I found the reversing switches weren't correctly described in the instructions or on the transmitter ...
Function   TX Label                             Instructions
Throttle     CH1 Rolling Yawing         Television
Aileron      CH2 Pitching                      Rudder
Elevator    CH3 Motor Power               Elevat
Rudder     CH4 Yawing Rolling          Aileron

Edited By Tony Smith 7 on 20/04/2010 19:50:05

That Graupner Terry looks like its rudder/elevator, rather than 3 axis if I read it right? 

I was set on ailerons.  I found a few planes like that which looked OK at first glance, but then I thought they couldn't really work that well with rudder and almost no dihedral.  Could just be my prejudice of course.