Hyper AVA Power Train

I'm thinking of splashing out on a Hyper AVA Pro-E (from Hyperflight); 3.95 span, R/E/Spoiler, for sport e-soaring.  I want a large model that I can see at height and will give the best thermal performance in lighter winds. Can MotoCalc be relied on for advice on a power train for such a model?  Has anyone tried one of these models and found a power setup that works well?  Will the AVA spin out of a powerful thermal?

Advert

For my AVA 3.2 I just went with the Hyperflight recommended setup - Hacker B40 geared with a 16x10 on a 3S - however it came out a bit strange cos the B40 is only rated to 25 amps and the 16x10 will pull in excess of 50 amps if given its head so I ended up throttling it back to about 30 amps static which gives about 4000rpm however it still climbs almost vertical even though its carrying a 4300 battery - so I suppose what I'm saying is that the Hyperflight recommended does the job just in a slightly unusual way.
And I've never been in a powerful thermal although I can get it to go into a spin no problem. 

Sounds good to me, Wingman, but while the other AVAs have recommended power trains the Hyper AVA 3.95m span has none.  That's why I tried MotoCalc.  I suppose I need to check out the MotoCalc recommendations to see what the ratings are for the various combinations. 

I like the idea of a 4300 battery - plenty capacity for maximum air time, even if it does add a bit to the overall weight.  I've been flying my Easy Glider Electric with 2S 3700 battery.