Advert

download google earth and turn on the terrain layer and the daylight shadow layer
 -  your pc needs a 3d graphics card for this !

a whole world of slope sites and potential sites may open up to you, I use it whenever i go away somewhere to research good spots, wind direction etc, and there is even a dowloadable uk list of slope sites that can be imported into google earth. I have also imported ordnance survey maps as overlays over google earth to help with path finding and how to get to the top of the slope- thats right: 3d ordnance survey maps !! the key to finding slope spots, is to enable the shadows and the terain, look for dark spots caused by hill shadows and then zoom in and pan around to check them out. look for ones without trees or its gonna be a bumpy ride !

had a quick look, a slope alongside the m62 near whiteley looks slopeable.

Edited By twinstar on 20/05/2010 19:12:05

Edited By twinstar on 20/05/2010 19:19:22

Edited By twinstar on 20/05/2010 19:20:20

however, and i must stress this..

google earth will not tell you about any flying restrictions, club rules, irritable landowners, private land etc etc, so its always worth touching base with a local club as slopetrash has pointed out.

Edited By twinstar on 20/05/2010 19:17:52