simulater

Andrew Nolan

Advert

Hi Andrew

As you say there are plenty of Sims on the market. Basically it depends on budget. You havnt mentioned if you have your own Transmitter. As some Sims come with their own controllers and others dont and you use your own transmitter with the appropriare Interface and leads. Which I find Preferable

The general rule of thumb is you get what you pay for. They can range From approx £20 to £200+ My personal favourite is the Reflex XTR for about £120 for the software, Interface and lead for the transmitter. I have seen it advertised for about £95 However you have to be careful of the type of graphics/video card you have in your comp This program dosnt like shared graphics memory you should be looking at a minium of 64 meg dedicated graphics or above to get the most benefit from the program.

Have a look on the Reflex site you can look at the demo. There are also free site downloads from other sites aswell to add more sceneries and models.

good luck

Al

I like the aeroflyprodeluxe. Not cheap, but excellent graphics, and very flexible as to being able to select different aircraft AND their flight parameters etc. Mrs Timbo has found it a boon to keep her training skill level up whilst convalescing. It does come with a USB interface "dongle" for use with your own tr, but interestingly, IF the dongle goes duff,( and I know of at least 2 people who have suffered this ) they will NOT supply the dongle on its own, which is a bit of a bummer, but understandable for other reasons. I have bought, and several friends have also, a basic replacement dongle which works fine - albeit on the 4 primary flight controls only, from a Hong Kong based seller on Ebay.
I have actually had 2 of these dongles now, and the last one was ordered Friday afternoon, through fleabay, paid with PayPal, and was unbelievably deliverd to my door on the Monday ! Outstanding !!
Total cost ? £9 including delivery.

Thanks Tom I was hoping to get some comments on best value for money. There are so many sims to choose from

Hi Andrew,
In your first post you do not mention value for money.

If its value for money you want go for the "Great Planes Real Flight Generation 3.5" simulator. It's not the cheapest but it is by far the best. It does everything you could ever want.