My first hovering...if you can call it that :(

Rookie

Hi all, here is a video of me trying to hover....i was only putting little inputs in (that i am aware of) but still it seemd very twitchy)

Ps yes my kids were a distance away with my bro in law watching them and wife was filming.

PS the crash half way through was due to training gear getting caught in grass Grrrrr.

Advert

Cheers guys, well, i took it out today (without the sponges on the bottom) and had 1 good hover, really nice and steady, then brought it down smoothly.

Second time i took it up it started off nicely, but then both rods of my training gear came off of the right hand side heli started moving left and i tried to counter it, but it was too late, thankfully its only cost me a main rotor shaft, main blades, tail gear AND a new training gear lol  

So wont be long till i'm back up and running. 

Just a quick question.....what part of the heli are you looking at?  I find that if i look at the nose when hovering it is easier to correct, tho i believe its 99% anticipation when flying a heli, rather than when flying planks you can correct attitude etc just after it changes, with helis its seeing the 'change' before it happens.....hmmmm now how much sense did that make!

Edited By Mark Rowse on 04/06/2010 22:28:47