Who's a lucky boy then?

I think most people including myself think that when the lucky breaks are given out, I must be somewhere else.

Well it seems I was in the right place at the right time on Sunday.
Having been cancelled once, my long awaited flight in a full size Tiger Moth went ahead. That in it's self was fantastic. I took the controls for all but take off and landing and had a ball of a time. 30 minutes that were over in a flash.

The icing on the cake though, was parking it next to a Spitfire. Not any Spit, but the one my little one is modelled on.
We were later treated to a start up, take off, flypast and roll out before MH434 headed off into the distance. 

Oh, and the day was enjoyed by my reluctant family, who I would never have got to the museum except they had bought me the trip for my birthday. Bless 'em, I'll never have a word said against 'em again. 

Edited By Chris Bott on 14/06/2010 18:41:37

Advert

I'm afraid not - it was all over so quick. That was the only slight disappointment.
I think the pilot decided I wanted a lesson in turn co-ordination. He worked out I could point it where I wanted and keep the speed steady, so next must come turns? 

He kept re-iterating that the Tiger Moth is easy to fly but very difficult to fly well. I did some pretty steep turns mind you
I wasn't that bothered, I did aeros as a teenager in Chipmunks a few times. 

I think after 1/2 an hour I'd just got to the point where I was flying the Moth rather than it was flying me.. Before I knew it he was cutting the revs and asking me to increase airspeed to 60kts and follow the motorway. This was obviously the crosswind leg of the circuit and I was on my way in. He took control and I remembered I had a camera with me. That video is great for a point and shoot still camera.

PS - The Tiger Moth was Mode 2