Seagull Edge 540 electric - CG correct?

Just bought a Seagull EP Edge 540 to replace my sadly trashed EP Extra 300 which is no longer available.

I note that the instructions give the centre of gravity as 7cm from leading egde at the tip, but this puts it way behind the main spar and I'm a bit concerned this might be an error.

Does anyone have experience of this model, and can confirm or deny the accuracy of this recommended CG point.

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the late reply - I allowed myself a few days of holiday in a small village in Devon without GSM or wireless network (total relaxation...). 

When I purchased the plane I didn't have the Dx7 I am using now - so what I did was to use an Y-lead. To avoid complicated mechanics I altered one of the servos to run in opposite direction. (not very difficult on an analog servo - I you need any advice I can go into more detail). Once set up this runs without any problem. If you have a proper programmable radio you can also mix the two servos.

My plane was a little tail heavy - so choose light servos. Even with a 3300mAh Lipo at the front position of the battery tray I had to use some lead strips to balance the plane.
VA - sunburnt from the English summer...

• 3 months later...
Just a late update: I found this model again on the NATS 2010 - for a rather low price. so I couldn't resist. Now it is powered by a Hacker A30 10L and I use an aluminium spinner - 45mm. With that powerhouse I do not need any gramm of lead - the correct COG can be adjusted by the battery position only. And you can fly the looping as large as you want - as this engine has endless power (endless vertical...)
The new one at Milton Keynes model aircraft association

Edited By Vecchio Austriaco on 05/11/2010 23:39:10