Discus glider

Advert

What size is it Neil?

Funny that I aquired a glider this weekend too: A ASW 24 4m wingspan, full GFK and scratch built 12 years ago.

Size and weight of the model will help for you Discus for the servo choice, also what functions or rather control sufaces does she have?

Here is my ASW 24

Nice!
'Fraid I Can't be of much use, other than if the model reflects to performance of the real thing, you will be in the air for hours and she's a real floater when it comes to landing.

Our Gliding Club (Full Size) Accheived well over 5 hours on Saturday

Paddy

Edited By Paddy Fidling on 05/07/2010 20:47:11

Try Giant Cod there are plenty to choose from there,I got all micro(wings and elevator), mini's(u/c) and standard (rudder) digitals for my Discus CS and I've tried them in other strain pulling models too and they seem to be fine, added a couple extra grams but came well within the limits quoted on the instructions. Your is basically the same as mine in size ect, so you should be fine with standard. I've notice there's a lot of the Discus that are very simular, and one piece of advice I found on the net abot the Carbon Wing Joiner is to replace it no matter what with a steel one as it helps reduce flutter and the risk of the javerlin effect.  Good Luck and have fun putting it together.