Hobby King

Erfolg

I have just received my Lipo from Hobby King. I was a little reluctant to purchase from this source because of reports that long delays were prevalent for Lipos from HK.

The cost of a Rhino 2350 3s battery costing about £16 including postage. Now that the pound has recovered to above $1.5 against $1.47 that would be cheaper still and even better value.

I placed the order just under a fortnight earlier.

The one surprice is that it came via Zurich, from the large number of Swiz stickers attached.

Advert

Erfolg,

I have order loads of Lipos from HK in the past; I have noticed the last 2 orders containing lipos have come via swiss post and taken a week or so longer than usual. In fact I recived an order from HK the other day, which was placed a week after my latest lipo order; I expect to see the lipos some day - covered in clean swiss air .

That said, i've just started to order lipos from Giant Cod, similar (ish) prices on the smaller mah stuff and quicker delivery. Obviously still use HK for the 4000mah + lipos, particulary 4, 5 and 6S.

Ackers

I buy the vast majority of my stuff from GC. Excellent service and goods. In the case of Lipos they do not seem quite as good value as in the past, although it seems they are moving up market, in my case i only need 20c batteries (generally operating at 10C).

In the case of Hobby King I expected a longer wait.

i have in the past used HK and have been happy with their service ,however my last order containing a lot of large lipos never turned up ,and i received very poor customer service from them im now waiting for paypal to make a decision.
Im not the only one either many people who ordered in May have had similar issues apparently the HK customs were being strict and they rerouted lipos though other countries

Austen

The issue of Lipos, is something which i heard of in a vague sought of way. What is the issue. Particularly when so many goods now have them, ie computers.

Is the size, quantity, that is the issue.

To avoid customs issues, I stay below the £18 EU limit.

not sure myself Erfolg ,it seems that theHK post customs have a crack down on all lipo's for some reason periodically .I presume that the lipos are not allowed to be sent via air or they would let them though.

it has put me off ordering more and even at giant cod prices i am unable to afford the bigger lipos packs ,back to small planes for now