Farnborough Airshow

I've just spent 4 days at the airshow as part of my fire service role - I have to say this year the validation flying has been very entertaining and if we get some good weather I would recommend going - been a good few years since I have been able to say that!

Public days are Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th of July.

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,
went today, brilliant, the Arrows , the best i have seen for a while ( even though there is a female flying !!!)
The Lancaster fired up all four while parked on the north side right next to the crowd the same with the 109 and the Spit's.

Vulcan,   what can i say ? brilliant display we even got to hear the Vulcan growl on the take off run, brilliant.

Euro fighter, again a good display but it was very heavy, ie all points had hardware fitted and was fully loaded with fuel, not sure why but good all the same.

If you read this in time and get a chance to go tomorrow, GO !

Regards as always

Chris.

To add ...
Good air show but the road traffic and marshalling/policing of it in and around Farnborough was appauling.
The usual 3 lanes into one with 'PC49 Yellow Jacket amusing himself as Mr Angry BMW meet Mrs Chelsea Tractor!
It took over an hour to get out of the Queens Parade car park, absolute chaos.
Be warned.
Tip if your taking t'other half, to avoid them joining the (very) lengthy queues for the 'Portapotties' out in the field, go to the Halls 1-4 and use the much nicer less congested facilities there. Air-condition and cooler too!