Best of the 70 inch Low Wings

Am currently flying a Pulse XT25e as my first Low Wing. Would now like to progress to a larger model,(of around 70" size) that will take a 20 to 30cc petrol engine.
I have been looking at the following aircraft ( Extra 330, Yak 55, Katana, Cap 232) and would like some thoughts from more experienced pilots on which would be the easiest and most forgiving to fly.

Mike. 

Advert

Hi Fliteline,

I would go with the Yak 54/55 or the Katana! They will be the more forgiving over the Extra or the Cap IMO! I favour Yaks and Sukhois so I put my pennys there! What models have you been looking at as that would open the windows onto what airframes would be best!

Dusty 

Hi Dusty,

Thanks for the reply.
I was originally looking at the "Glens Models" Extra 330s 68" and a 70" Yak 55 made Global RC.
TJD Models are also showing a 70" Katana by Hangar 9 which looks interesting!

The objective is just to progress to a slightly larger model that will enable me to hopefully fly in slightly windier conditions.
Any thoughts are most welcome. 

Fliteline 

Fliteline,

I have both the Global RC 57" SU-26 (see my icon thingy) and the 58" Glens Models Cap 232. Both are excellent aircraft. The Glens CAP is extremely well built (I bought the pre-built version) and has a nice thick wing section, it is super stable at all speeds, slow landings are easy, yet it will flick and spin and do all the aero stuff with ease on full rates. The Glens CAP is by far the best well made ARTF I have had, including much seagull stuff and the Pulse XT40. Although, its the smaller version of what your after, I can't imagine there will be much difference. Thoroughly recommended and probably more suited to where you are. You will not be disappointed. Even better, you know you have a proper spares support from Glens and can order all parts from him, should you ever need to

The Global RC SU26 is not as robust, obviously lightened everywhere, but still a great aircraft. It excels at everything and is a truely great 3D aircraft. Similar flying characteristics to the Glens Cap; on low rates you should have no problem following a Pulse 25e. It is an out and out 3D type aerobatic model, so very light and sensitive, but can be flown by any low winger experienced pilot on low rates. If I'm honest, this is me (and I prefer the CAP, less stress for me!).

I know the Seagull 91 size YAK 54 also have a strong following and suits a 26cc petrol.

BTW, I have no problems with the CAP 232 in wind. The Global RC is not as suited to wind - its very light.

Hope this helps. 

Hi Christian,
Thanks for the info. I think I will go for either the Glens Extra 330s or the Cap 232 (68" versions)

I had assumed the Extra might be slightly more stable than the Cap due to it's almost "Mid Wing" position, or is this not necessarily so? 

Fliteline.