g sonic props

harley1

Having used graupner props for many years i was interested to find out what the new g sonic's were like and i have to say not only have i found them to be quiet but fairly robust.However i recently bought a batch for my os 55ax,12 x 8 and some 13 x 6 however i found that the centre hole is far to big.I double checked against my irvine 53 and yes there about 2mm to big, so i contacted the supplier only to be told that i should use some fuel tubing to get over the issue.Surely i shoudn't have to in my terms bodge them to fit you don't have to with apc's,you use a prop reamer.Has anyone else had the same experience or is there a source for prop spacers.

Advert

I did try fuel tubing,not a good idea in my book.carbon rod is an idea,but why have i got to buy a lenght of carbon rod with a 6mm id because they dont fit. but what i cant understand is a prop manufacture like graupner making props to big, that don't fit something as basic as a 46-53 size motor.

• 2 months later...

evan,os suggest 12x8-13x6,however ive been useing a 12x8 for a couple of months and in all honesty it pulls my wot 4 round the sky far better than my irvine 53 which it replaced.considering the os55ax only cost £76 its a bargain in my book.along the prop spacers route,motors & rotors who supplied the g sonics took my grip on board and supplied the spacers free of charge which secured my continueing support to them.

timbo,i note your comment about the old grey graupner props but you ought to try the new g sonics i prefer them to apc's now.