Multiplex Magister

ericrw

The all up weight of my Magister with it's stock set-up (680 motor/8xsc cells) is approx 2380 grams.      I am upgrading the power train with a Power HD Brushless 920 KV, a 60 Amp ESC and a 12x6 prop.  I've read somewhere that It could take a 3 cell, 2500Mah lipo battery.  What I need to know is it possible to put in a larger Mah battery to gain longer flight duration and if so what would be the maximum ?     I realise that size would be a restriction.  Thanks, Eric.

Advert

Well so long as you stay with 3S the mAh is not an issue apart from size and weight.  And since you can always counter-balance if necessary it really comes down to size.

Both Giant Cod and Overlander gives size details on their websites and what I did was to make up cardboard mockups of the various sizes of LiPo available and see if they fitted in the model.  That way I knew before I spent the money which packs would fit, and which would not.   (I still keep the cardboard mock-ups for future refeernce for the sizes I haven't bought yet).

• 2 weeks later...