Hangar 9 Pulse 125

Hi Stephen

<Its very big isnt it>
It only looks like that because I'm a midget

Yes it is, bit to big really for easy transportation and working on in a confined space, I just wanted to try and push the limits (well my limits anyway) for electric flight, so much small leccy stuff around just wanted to prove you can fly something big on the 'Sparky' stuff

JC

Advert

Posted by JayCee on 11/02/2011 19:21:18:

Managed to get about 1800 watts with a few prop changes so performance is not bad, although I think the recommended E-Flite 110 would have produced more power but there wasn't an extra £147.00 in the kitty so my Chinese Clone at £33.00 will have to do for now.

JC

Edited By JayCee on 11/02/2011 19:22:25

1800 watts would have been unheard of not that long ago. Now it can be done within a reasonable budget and with the Chinese hardware / LiPos prices coming down all the time it can only get better. There will come a time when fuel-powered planes are pretty rare (and I'm not being trying to be controversial here).

Posted by Shuglu on 12/02/2011 15:59:08:
My word JC isn't she a big girl!!
I've got a Pulse 40 which i use full UP flaperons via a switch the second the wheels hit the floor....stops it getting airbourne again when you've no power on and sticks it to the grass nicely.

Edited By Shuglu on 12/02/2011 16:00:55

Then in that case what you have are spoilerons NOT flapperons.

Just a quick update.

Managed a couple of flights today but conditions were not ideal 15+MPH right across the 'Strip'

The alteration I made to the undercarriage worked well, the 17 inch prop now has ample clearance for take off.

Have to admit 'Bottled Out' trying the 'Flaperons/Spoilerons will try them out on a calmer day....but all home in one piece

JC

Thanks Ross

Really pleased with the way it turned out...however, the credit must go to Hangar 9.
They are a bit more expensive than some manufactures but the finish and attention to detail is outstanding.

Plus their ARTF models are designed for either IC or Leccy power without any additional modifications, perhaps something other manufactures should look at now that electric power is becoming more popular.

JC

Ha Ha

Have to slow down a bit somehow managed to accumulate another six models over the winter if I carry on at this rate my kids will have me sectioned

Still have two aircraft yet to have their maiden flights!

Seriously though although I fly a lot of different planes, I appear to be able to fly different aircraft without to much of a problem, I still haven't taken my 'A', I know I should have made the effort to practice the 'disciplines' but I just get 'hooked' on something new and just have fun!

So have promised myself....no more new models... dig out my old trainer and nail it this year............Seagull you say

JC

Edited By JayCee on 13/02/2011 08:25:08

Edited By JayCee on 13/02/2011 08:28:54

• 1 year later...

Thought i would resurrect this old thread as there do not appear to be any other on this model?

I've got a Glen's Extra 1/4 scale (kit) and a 45 Zenoah that I've had for over 10 years untouched, and a 68" Cap (kit) and Zenoah 23 - thought I'd try that before the bigger one!

So, now I thought I would buy something to get me started in petrol, and I ordered the Pulse a couple of days ago. I am hoping it will be a perfect match for the 23.

Has anyone gone the petrol route with the pulse?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Percy, thanks for the input, I have heard nothing but praise for all the Pulse variants. I had the maiden flight on Sat last and it was great, it flew a treat with the 23 - it seems to be good match, if a little nose heavy. With a modern, light, 110/120 it will be perfect. Rich

• 3 months later...