Securing the Hatch on Fly Wing Models

Has anyone got any good tricks for securing the foam 'hatch' that typically covers the battery/rx/etc. in flying wing type models? I want to be able to open this hatch easily after every flight.

The instructions for my particular model (a FlyingWings Reflex) recommends just using tabs of filament tape, but I'm concerned this could release during flight. I've been thinking about other mechanisms, e.g. magnets, elastic bands, dowel cross piece but would be interested to know how you have handled this problem, and indeed if it is a real problem as I'm yet to test this model in the air.

Thanks

All my batteries have a square of velcro stuck at each end for fixing in any of my planes so, in my Slipstream the battery compartment lid is hinged at the front with reinforcing tape and two squares of velcro are stuck on the underside of the lid to mate up with the velcro on the battery - just press to shut and pull to open. 

(where would us leccy flyers be without velcro??)

Edited By Wingman on 13/10/2010 14:59:13

I forget to mention, my battery is secured in place with a velcro "belt" which passes under a thin ply plate glued to the foam surface, and then right around the battery.
It did originally just have some velcro pads but these let go one day in some combat action - the model was blown back into the field behind the slope...the  battery was lost at sea