Hello,

I thought I would take the opportunity to let you all know about the online model shop we have just launched.

www.aeromodelhut.com

We have been live now for just over a 3 weeks, and in that time have had over 3000 visitors – so I guess that most of you will already have found us!

Aero Model Hut has been in the planning for well over 10 years, and finally through a combination of general good timings (free time) and capital being available we have finally launched!

The shop has been started by Rob Thomson & Sean McInnes – both keen modellers, but more importantly both already run successful online & offline businesses. Their experience has enabled them to deliver a comprehensive online shop that aims to provide a smooth, secure and enjoyable online experience – whilst delivering quality products and the best possible price.

In this game, times have never been tougher – it seems as if everyone is undercutting one another. This is something that we at Aero Model Hut are keen to state we will never do.

We will always deliver the products at the best possible price, but we will not price the products at a point that is detrimental to existing suppliers or other shops. (Somthing that a number of online shops seem keen to do at present - no names mentioned)

The simple fact is – if you sell products at no profit the inevitable is that either you, or the competition will sink, and this is bad for the entire industry. With this in mind, all our products are priced at what we believe to be a fair price. Not necessarily the cheapest, but definitely fair to all.

Currently the shops catalogue of products is somewhat skewed towards micro and park flyers; however over the next 6 months we see the end stock list growing significantly. On average 1-2 new product are being added every day. Of course, do remember that just because the rc model you want is not listed; does not mean we don’t have it or can’t get it!

If in doubt, use the live support or give us a call on +44 (0) 845 519 5538 (local rate - nationwide)

For those of you who are into facebook and twitter and youtube, we do of course have a presence with content and a following that is growing on a daily basis.

We hope you enjoy our new rc model shop.

You may be pleasantly surprised at the shop, our service and commitment to deliver a quality service that is good for both rc pilots and existing suppliers.

Rob

Edited By Rob Thomson on 19/10/2010 20:55:32

Edited By Rob Thomson on 19/10/2010 20:55:50

Edited By Rob Thomson on 19/10/2010 20:56:26

Edited By Rob Thomson on 19/10/2010 20:56:41

Edited By Rob Thomson on 19/10/2010 21:00:33

Advert

I'm sure this is going to be a sucessful venture for you all, however, I notice that the website will not run in Internet Explorer.   This means that for people like me who love to browse and purchase during "downtime" at work can not do so!!

Is there any plans to enable the site to run on Internet Explorer??

Cheers and Good Luck

Dave.

Edited By David Gilder on 19/10/2010 21:12:01

Posted by David Gilder on 19/10/2010 21:10:47:
I'm sure this is going to be a sucessful venture for you all, however, I notice that the website will not run in Internet Explorer.   This means that for people like me who love to browse and purchase during "downtime" at work can not do so!!

Is there any plans to enable the site to run on Internet Explorer??

Cheers and Good Luck

Dave.

Edited By David Gilder on 19/10/2010 21:12:01

Hi Dave,

Thanks  for your message regarding this.  I take it you recieved a warning regarding the brower.  This warning only ever occurs for people who are using internet explorer 6 or lower.   IE6 is now officially unsupported by Microsoft, in fact they have issued a number of bulletins to this effect. (Read here for more details)

With this in mind we have chosen not to support it due to the inherent security issues and general cross browser problems that are so prevelent within this particular browser. (IE8 is now the standard MS browser)

If you are looking for a good 'free' alternative, try Firefox it is a great modern browser that will be sure to work well.

Thanks for the feedback

Rob

Runs for me in IE8

Now I don't know if I should ask this but will your Orange 2.4 GHz receivers be CE  (genuine - not "China Export") stickered - and if you're importing them directly are you prepared to take responsibility for their compliance?

Did I really stir that hornet's nest????

Edited By Martin Harris on 19/10/2010 21:21:59

Hi Martin,

Very good question.  And certainly a hornets nest

At this point, the simple answer is that we are in the process of seeking CE compliance on these.   We have ordered a small batch to this effect so that we can ensure all is good before taking them off 'pre order' status.

There is a note to this effect on each of the orange rx product pages. (at the end of the description)

In terms of importing direct.  Yes!

Rob

Edited By Rob Thomson on 19/10/2010 21:34:47

Posted by David Gilder on 19/10/2010 21:38:29:
Guess I'll not be able to browse at work then as they run IE6 and typicaly they wont upgrade it as it costs money!! (and they have cut the budget as it is!!)

Dave.

Oh no!  Even when firefox is free?  That is most unfortunate.

I am not certain if IE6 supports RSS feeds, but you could try this link:

Or of course a few of our less restrictive 'promotional websites'.

Aero Hut
Aero Model Shop
Model Drome Hobbies
Air Hut
Model Shop In
Bind & Fly
Model Drome
Aero Model Shop
Heli Hut
Model Drome Hobbies
Radio Control Aircraft
Radio Control Models
Spektrum Radios
Spektrum Transmitters
Futaba Radios
Futaba Transmitters
Futaba Radios
Spektrum Transmitters
Futaba Transmitters
DSM 2 Radios & Transmitters
FASST Radios & Transmitters
Slopeside
Ultra Micro RC (UK)

These site all provide a 'snapshot' of the products for sale - unfortunately you would not be able to purchase without calling us on   +44 (0) 845 519 5538

Rob

Posted by Steve Hargreaves on 19/10/2010 22:20:56:
Just clicked on the link & got the "wrong browser" message & I'm on IE8!!!

Just switching to Firefox now!!!!

Good luck with your venture Rob!!!

Hello,

If possible, could you please send me the exact version of your browser? 

Using the 'help=>about internet explorer option'

We have never had IE6 detection fail, however there is a first time for everything!

We have implemented a workaround for this for you on this page:

If you do get the message, simply click the link in the text and continue!

Rob