friday & sat fun :-)

john haz

What a fantastic couple of days !

here in the grim lowlands of north Cambs the wind has been very low (1-4mph) & the rain has held off

After my lovely little session friday, i decided today that I should make good use of the weather & take a trip over to my favourite field at Witcham (Ely).

Billy no mates from 10am to 12:30    

But i had a good time.  I came home with 11 flat batteries & charged 3 at the field, so reckon I had 14 flights.     I put plenty of "crash fodder" in the car:  Lightning, Mustang, Swift wing, Jamara Roo & the Warhawk.

Flew all of them at least twice & had zero crashes, not even a close one !!!

The Roo is awesome, quite docile at low speed but when wound up a bit it all comes to life & really is a good all round model,  8 min flight times at 50 - 75% throttle left over 11v in the 2200's, so it's worked out well.

The lightning has nearly died twice before in quite hard crashes, doesn't look pretty but still flies a treat  (I have a brand new boxed lightning kit ready for the day, but this one is hanging on !).

mustang as usual was quite lively but very precise & does some excellent turns on it's wingtips (again, this has been crashed more than once but still flies great).

P40 still tail heavy after removing the retracts, not the result i had hoped for, now i will have to refit them of add some weight in the nose.

Swift 2 did all it was meant to do, when there's no victims close to me i get silly with this one & it lives through it all

If only every day was like today I would be a happy chappy  

Advert