Simulator Use

Gavin Livsey

Advert

I must be honest I wasn't aware of the problem. I don't know for certain, but I think in most sims the Tx is in "slave" mode - like when actually buddying - in which case its not transmitting. As I say I'm not certain about that but I think it is so - maybe someone more knowledgable can confirm?

For most users the biggest problem in lots of sim use is the buddy lead socket - which can work loose from repeated use in some trannies. THis can result in broken connections - and even effect the main board.

If your bothered why not go on ebay a buy a cheap second hand 35M Tx - you can get them at really low prices at the moment. And a spare might not go amiss anyway! 

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 21/11/2010 19:56:55

BEB,

Thanks. I have tried using an old Skysport 4 Tx, but it just doesn't feel the same as my regular trannie.

I think you are right about the Tx going in to slave mode when connected. It makes sense I suppose. I am aware of the problems with the buddy lead socket. I tend to leave the trannie connected to my PC unless I'm actually out flying (which this year seems to be once every other week).

Gavin

Gavin what make is the Tx? if it's JR or Spektrum then leave the Tx switched off, when you plug in the trainer lead - that will bring on the Tx in buddy mode (i.e. not transmitting).

If it's a Futaba, is there a crystal to remove? This will stop it transmitting, eliminate any possible damage to the RF transistors and will also make the battery last much longer. Just don't forget the crystal when you go flying.